- Vegetables Used
- To temper
Almond Vegetable Kurma |Veg Korma : It is a awesome Side Dish Recipe for Chapathi / Parotta / Paratha. Almonds gives a very good flavor and creaminess to the kurma. So do try this flavorful kurma and serve hot with rotis /puris or with parotta’s
- To make Almond Paste:Place whole almonds in a small bowl and cover them with boiling water.
- Leave it for 30 minutes. The skins will loosen and wrinkle. Peel all the skins.
- In a blender, add the blanched almonds with some water. Grind it to a smooth paste.
- To Cook Vegetables : In a pan, add carrots, beans and potatoes(peas and broccoli we can add directly ) . Add required water and cook the vegetables. Keep it aside.
- To Make Veg kurma: Heat Oil in a pan and temper it with Cinnamon stick, Cloves,green cardamom, Cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- Add Chopped Onions and saute until golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes.
- Add the spices turmeric powder, Kashmiri Chilli powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder and garam masala powder. Sauté for a min
- Add the yogurt and mix well. Continue to cook until the oil leaves the masala.
- Add the almond paste and saute for about 5 mins.
- Add a ¼ cup of water and mix well.Cook for about 5 mins.
- Add the cooked vegetables, green peas, blanched ,broccoli and chopped tomatoes.simmer it for 10 mins.Add salt if needed.
- Add Chopped Coriander leaves and mix well.
- Creamy and delicious veg kurma / Korma is ready.
- Serve it with Chapathi / Parotta.
- You can add cashews in place of almonds
- Use whatever non-watery vegetables you like.