- To make Potato masala
- To make Batter
Aloo bonda / Potato Bonda : These are very very addictive evening snack with a cup of hot tea / Cofee. Kids will love this for sure because of the potato stuffing.Do try this and share your feedback 🙂
- To make potato masala : In a pan, heat some oil and temper it with mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Urad dal, Channa dal, chopped green chillies and chopped curry leaves.Saute for a min.
- To that, Add chopped Onions and saute till soft and translucent.
- Add the required salt, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and crushed ginger garlic.Saute for a min.
- Add the mashed potatoes and mix well until everything combines together well.
- Finally Add some chopped Coriander leaves,saute and Switch off the heat.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool down.
- Take a small portion of the potato masala and make balls.Keep it aside.
- To make batter : In a large bowl, Add Besan flour, Rice flour, Salt, Kashmiri chilly powder, Hing/Asafoetida and Baking soda(Optional) . Mix it well.
- Add water gradually and make it a thick smooth batter.
- To fry bondas : In a pan, heat some oil for frying .Dip the potato balls in the batter and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown on all the sides.Do it in medium heat.Drain it over paper tissue.
- Enjoy hot with coconut chutney / sauce and a hot tea / coffee.
- The batter should be thick enough to coat the bondas.If its too thin, it will absorb lot of oil and if its thick,the outer layer will be so thick and it wont get cooked properly