Aloo Matar Recipe: It is a very simple but tasty gravy / Masala that goes awesome with roti’s, Parathas or even with rice.If you want a creamier gravy,you can add some fresh cream or cashew paste at the end.Do try this recipe and share your feedback:)
- Heat some Oil in a pan.Temper it with cumin seeds and Bayleaf.
- Add Green chillies and Onion and saute till onions become soft and translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes.
- Add the spices Turmeric powder, Kashmiri Chilly powder, Coriander powder, Cumin seeds and Salt .Saute for 2 mins
- In a blender, Add 2 tomatoes and puree it.Add the pureed tomatoes and saute ,Cover and cook for 5 mins.
- To that, Add potatoes and green peas(fresh / frozen) and stir for a min or so.
- Add a cup of water and mix well .Cover and Cook for 15 to 20 mins until the potatoes become soft and tender.If you want, add more water now and boil it.
- Sprinkle some garam masala powder on the top, kasoori methi leaves(dried fenugreek leaves) and some chopped Coriander leaves.
- Tasty Aloo Matar is ready.Serve hot with rice or rotis.
- If you want,you can add 1/4 cup cream or cashew paste at the end for a creamier gravy.