- For the Spice Powder
Cuisine: Indian Cooking time: 45 mins Serving: 4 people
Chepala pulusu |Andhra Fish curry |Nellore chepala pulusu : This fish curry is a tangy, spicy and flavorful curry.The spice powder which we make and use gives more flavor and taste to this curry.This recipe ,i learned from a cookery show and i made it many times and my family loved it totally.Do try this flavorful fish curry and share and feedback to us:)
Other Fish Recipes
- In a pan, heat some oil and temper it with mustard seeds and few curry leaves.
- Add Chopped shallots and crushed garlic and saute until the raw smell of garlic goes.Garlic is very must as it gives more flavor to this curry.
- Add the spices turmeric powder, Kashmiri Red Chilly powder and Coriander powder and saute for a min.
- In a blender, add 4 tomatoes and puree it.Add the pureed tomatoes and saute well.cover and cook for 5 minutes until Oil starts floating on the top
- Add the tamarind extract(half lemon size tamarind soaked in water), required salt and required water .As we using 4 tomatoes,half lemon size tamarind is enough.Allow it to boil.Cover and simmer the gravy for about 15 minutes.
- Add in the fish pieces and let it cook for about 8 to 10 minutes in low heat.
- To make spice powder:In a pan,dry roast fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Dry roast until everything starts to pop and starts to brown.Do it in low heat.Allow it to cool and grind to a fine powder.This is a must spice powder,as it gives awesome flavor and taste to the fish curry.
- Add 1 1/2 tsp pf the spice powder and simmer for a minute.
- Sprinkle some curry leaves and switch off the heat.
- Cover and Allow it to rest for sometime and Serve it with hot rice.
- It tastes heavenly the next day.