- Rice – 1 cup
- Toor Dal – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- channa dal - 1/2 tsp
- Dry Red chillies – 4
- Curry leaves
- Onion – 1 large chopped
- Garlic – 5
- Tomato – 1 chopped
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder– 1 tsp
- Sambar powder - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 3 cups
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- chopped coriander leaves
Arisi paruppu sadam :This recipe is very famous in every household in south India especially coimbatore. It tastes awesome with fryums and also with raitha.This is very comforting food that you can prepare very quickly.Do try this recipe and share your lovely feedback:)
You may also like
- Wash and soak toor dal and rice in water for 15 to 30 minutes.Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and temper with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, channa dal, dry red chillies and curry leaves.saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onion,green chillies and garlic cloves and saute until soft.
- To that,add chopped tomato and saute until soft
- To that, add turmeric powder, sambar powder, salt and hing/ asafoetida. Mix well.
- Add the dal and rice and mix well.
- Add water and mix well.Pressure cook for 2 whistles in medium heat.
- Add ghee,chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Tasty Arisi paruppu sadam is ready .