- Very Ripe Plantain-2
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Ghee-3 tbsp
- Nuts-3 tbsp
- Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
This is one of the best way to use your very ripe bananas in your fruit basket.This banana halwa is a very simple halwa,you can do it in 15 minutes with less ingredients.It tastes great and next time when you see a ripe banana ,try it .
- Peel the skin and chop the banana into very small chunks.You can also mash it using a fork or masher.
- Heat some ghee in a pan,fry the nuts till golden.
- Add The chopped bananas and saute them in the ghee for few minutes.
- Add Sugar and mix well.
- Cook until the mix gets thick.Add the remaining ghee and saute them until the halwa becomes glossy
- Add in cardamom powder and give it a good mix
- Pour this into a greased pan and using a spatula ,smoothen it.Allow it to cool for about 1 hour.
- Cut into slices and Enjoyyy!!!!
You can also try with any bananas,but ripe plantains gives an awesome taste.