- To Grind
- For toppings
Beach sundal gravy is an amazing street food of Tamilnadu, India. If you didnt tried before, this is one of the must-try street food . These are not only found in the beach’s but found all over Chennai were small vendors sell these sundal, vadas etc for an evening snack. These are made with yellow/white peas butyou can replace it with green peas as well.You can crush some masala vada /samosas topped over them and it taste amazingly delicious
Instead of chicken masala powder, you can use chilly powder,coriander powder and garama masala powder.
- Soak the yellow peas in water overnight
- pressure cook them for 4 whistles and slightly mash it.
- To Grind :In a pan heat a tbsp of oil.To that add onions,salt and saute for a min.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes.
- To that, add the chopped tomatoes, green chilly and cook them.
- Add turmeric powder and chicken masala powder and mix well.
- Allow it to cool down and grind it to a fine paste.
- To Prepare gravy : In a pan,heat a tbsp of oil.Temper it with fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the ground onion tomato paste and saute for about 2 mins.
- Add the cooked peas,water and allow it to boil.
- Simmer them for 10 mins until everything combines well.
- Add chaat masala and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve them hot topped with chopped onions, grated carrot, chopped coriander leaves and chopped mango.You can also add masala vadas and samosas.