- Beet Greens
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Split Urad dhal-1/4 tsp
- Channa dhal-1/4 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli-1 no
- Green Chilly-1 Finely chopped
- Curry leaves
- Grated coconut-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Required Salt
Beet Greens are one of the healthiest greens for their low fat,no cholestral but having lots of health benefiting vitamins,minerals and anti-oxidants.The powdered peanuts gives an extra flavor and taste to this poriyal.Do try this tasty stir fry when you get this beet greens next time.
- Wash the Beet Greens well and chop them
- Roast peanuts and remove skins from them and blend them coarsely in a blender.
- In a pan,add oil,once they become hot,add mustard seeds,split urad dhal,channa dal,dry red chilly,curry leaves and sauté for a minute
- Add the shallots,Chopped Green chilly and saute.
- Add the chopped beet leaves and cook for a minute or so
- Add turmeric powder and required salt and saute well
- Add the powdered peanut to it and give it a good mix
- Add grated coconut and mix well
- Serve the tasty Beet greens poriyal as a side dish for rice.
- You can replace Peanuts with Fried Grams(Pottukadalai) also.It also gives a nice taste to this poriyal
- You can also replace beet greens with any greens of your choice.