A delicious South Indian side dish of stir-fried beetroot with freshly grated coconut.Beetroots are full of vitamins and minerals and they are packet with antioxidants .So its good to include it in our diet once in a week.You can serve this poriyal with sambar rice combo or rasam rice combo or even can be had with chapatis.
You may also like and try this Beetroot Chappathi
- Wash , Peel the skin and chop the beetroots.You can also grate the beetroot and do Poriyal
- In a pan,Heat oil,add Mustard Seeds and allow it to splutter,then add urad dhal,channa dal and curry leaves
- Add the chopped shallots ,Green chillies and saute .
- Add the chopped / Grated Beetroot and saute well.
- Add Salt and sambar powder .Cover and cook on low heat until the beetroots become soft.You can sprinkle water inbetween if needed.
- Once it is cooked, add the grated coconut and mix well .
- Tasty Beetroot Poriyal is ready.Serve as an accompainment with rice.