Bhindi Masala : This is a very simple side dish recipe made with sauteed bhindi cooked in a spicy onion tomato masala. It goes very well with chapatis, rotis or phulkas. Do try this simple side dish and share your feedback:)
- Wash the bhindi well and wipe it with a clean kitchen towel.Trim the ends and cut the okra into bite size pieces.
- To Saute the Okra : In a pan, heat a tbsp of oil . Add the Bhindi and required salt and Saute till the bhindi is roasted and no more slimy.Transfer to a bowl and keep it aside.
- To Make Bhindi masala : In the same pan, heat some Oil and add bayleaf, Cinnamon stick and Cumin seeds .Saute for a min.
- Add the onions and saute until it become soft and translucent
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute til the raw smell goes.
- Add tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder, Cumin powder, garam masala powder, salt and mix well.
- Add 3/4 Cup water and mix well.Cover and Cook for 5 minutes till the raw smell of masalas disappears.
- Add the sauteed bhindi to the gravy and mix well.
- Take a tsp of kasuri methi and crush between your palm and sprinkle it over the gravy. Mix well and let it cook for 2 more mins.
- Serve hot with chapathis / rotis / phulkas.