- Cornflour / Cornstarch - 1 cup
- Water -2 cups
- Edible Red Color-1/8 tsp
- Cashews- chopped
- Cardamom Powder-1 tsp
- Ghee-4 tbsp
- For Sugar Syrup
- Sugar-2 1/4 cups
- Water-1 cup
- Lemon juice-1/2
Karachi Halwa / Bombay Halwa is a very easy halwa recipe but you need little patience as you need to keep stirring till the end.This Halwa requires less ghee while compared to other halwa’s. It has a rubbery /jelly like texture and tastes amazing.
If you like banana halwa , click here
So lets start our Preparation:):)
- In a bowl,Add Corn flour / Corn Starch,water and red food color(Its Optional.You can skip it too).Mix it well without any lumps.
- In a pan,add sugar and water and allow the sugar syrup to melt.Allow the sugar syrup to boil for a minute.No need to check for any consistency.Add Lemon juice and mix it
- Once the sugar syrup starts bubbling,pour the corn flour mixture and mix it well.
- Keep stirring till it is thick/glossy like.Continue stirring or else the corn flour settle down and stick to the bottom.
- Add 2 tbsp of ghee and keep mixing.
- Add in chopped Cashewnuts and cardamom powder and keep cooking.
- After 3 to 4 minutes ,Again add 2 tbsp of ghee and continue stirring.
- At a stage ,the halwa will leave the sides of the pan and everything comes together as a whole.
- Grease a bowl/Pan with ghee and pour the halwa.
- Using a spatula,smoothen the top and sprinkle chopped pistachios at the top.Gently press it with spatula.
- Allow it to cool down completely.Once it is set,cut into your desired shapes.
- Enjoy it !!!!!
To know about how to make ghee at home , Click here