- To make Sugar Syrup
- To Roast nuts
Cuisine: Indian Cooking time: 45 mins Serving: 15(makes 30 ladoos) people
Boondi Ladoo is a extremely awesome Indian sweet prepared for special occasions like marriages and for festivals.It is very simple to make and very delicious.The only important part is to prepare the sugar syrup in proper one string consistency.Do try this at your home and share your lovely feedback:)
- To Make Batter:In a bowl,Add Besan flour and add water little by little and make a smooth and pouring consistency batter. Make the batter perfectly then only you will get round boondi.
- To Check the batter consistency,take a spoon and dip the backside of the spoon in the batter and hold it above the hot oil.if it drops as round ,then the batter consistency was perfect.If it is elongated,it means the batter is thick and so you can add some more water and if it falls too quickly and forms clumps ,it means the batter is too watery and you can add little besan flour to it.
- To Make Boondis: Heat oil in a pan for frying.Temperature of the Oil should be hot otherwise it will absorb more Oil.To check ,as you drop a little batter ,it should float immediately.
- Once the oil is hot ,keep the perforated ladle over the hot oil and take a spoon of batter and pour over the perforated ladle and keep spreading in a circular motion.Fry the boondi till they are little soft. Drain them and set aside.
- To make Sugar Syrup:Take sugar and water in a pan, stir well so it is melted completely. Bring it to a boil and cook till it attain a single string consistency. To check string consistency,take a little sugar syrup in a spoon/ladle and test it between your thumb and fore finger.if it forms a single string ,the sugar syrup is ready(make sure don’t burn your your fingers).The sugar syrup is very important for making ladoos.
- Once it attain single string consistency,Switch off the heat and add in cardamom powder, clove powder, Edible food colour (OPTIONAL)and mix well.
- To Roast Nuts:In a small pan,melt about a tbsp Ghee and roast some cashews and raisins.
- To make Ladoos:In a large mixing bowl,Add the fried boondis,Sugar syrup,roasted nuts and mix well.Allow the boondis to absorb the sugar syrup completely.Now Sweet Boondis are ready.You can enjoy as sweet boondis and if you want to make ladoos ,you can continue making it
- Using the back of the big ladle,mash the boondis a little,so that it will form perfect shape easily.Take small portion of the boondis and shape it into a tight ladoo. Likewise do with all the boondis. Allow it to rest for 1 or 2 hrs until it gets firm .
- Delicious Ladoos are ready . Enjoyyy:)
- The sugar syrup should be warm while putting the boondis in that.
- Make balls when this is luke warm, else the sugar will be crystalised and ladoos can not be formed.
- If your boondis stick to your hand while shaping ladoos ,add some ghee in your palms and shape it.It will avoid stickiness
- To get a perfect shaped ladoo,mash some boondis with the back of a ladle or you can take some boondis in a blender and smash it little and add to the regular boondis and then continue making boondis,you will get perfect boondi ladoos
- In Nagercoil(south part of Tamilnadu),they serve the semiya payasam with sweet boondi. Sweet boondi and semiya payasam together makes a very good combination.You can try that next time:)