- To Roast Nuts
Bread Halwa : It is one of the easiest dessert you can prepare within 15 mins with easily available ingrediets .It may not look very classy but it tastes very rich and absolutely delicious.Do try this and share your valuable feedback:)
- Trim the edges of the bread slices and keep it aside
- To Roast the Nuts: In a pan, heat ghee and add cashews and almonds and roast until golden brown.Keep it aside
- To toast the Bread: In the same pan,add some ghee and toast the bread slices until golden brown on both sides.
- To Make Halwa : In a pan, add water and sugar.Allow the sugar syrup to come to a boil.
- To the boiling syrup, add the fried bread slices and allow them to absorb the syrup.Mash them well.
- Add half of the roasted nuts, cardamom pods in a blender and grind it .
- Add the ground nut paste, milk, saffron milk(few saffron strands soaked in milk) and mix well.Keep stiring
- Once the milk is absorbed by the bread , add few tbsp of ghee, roasted nuts and Keep string until everything comes together.
- Serve it warm or chilled
- I have used white bread,but you can use your own choice of bread.