- To Marinate chicken
- To Make Puree
- To Make Gravy
- To Garnish
Butter Chicken : This rich ,buttery ,creamy chicken is an awesome delicious chicken recipe that needs no introduction.This Delicious north Indian dish has made its place in every corner of the world.It goes well with pulaos ,parathas especially Naan.
- To Marinate Chicken :In a bowl,add Chicken pieces,yogurt,ginger garlic paste, Kashmiri Red chilli powder,lemon juice and salt.Coat the chicken well with the masalas. Rest it for minimum 1 hr to overnight.To infuse more flavors in the chicken,marinate for more hours.
- To Cook Chicken:Add some butter in the pan ,once it become hot,add chicken pieces and Cook it for 5 to 8 minutes.Transfer to a bowl.
- To make masala puree :In a pan,Add Butter.Once the butter is melted,add Onions and saute for a minute.
- To that,add ginger garlic paste and fry it until the raw smell goes.
- Add Tomatoes and saute.
- Add Kashmiri Red Chilli powder,Garam masala powder and saute for a min.Add Cashews to it .Cover and Cook until the tomatoes turns mushy.
- Once it cools completely,transfer to the blender and grind it to a smooth paste.
- To make the butter chicken more creamy,Strain the puree using a strainer.This step is optional.
- To Make Butter Chicken: In a pan,Add Butter and Allow it to melt.Temper it with Bayleaf , Cinnamon sticks, Cardamom and Cloves.
- Add the Puree and saute well.
- Add Required salt,Sugar ,Tomato Ketchup and Kasuri methi and saute well.
- Add the cooked chicken and allow it to cook in the gravy for few minutes.
- Add fresh cream and mix well . Once it come to boil switch off the heat. Don’t boil much after adding fresh cream.
- Tasty Butter chicken is ready.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves,little butter and some cream on top.
- To Grill the Chicken in Oven,preheat the oven to 400F. Take a greased tray and place the chicken pieces in a single layer and grill it for 30 to 40 mts.Turn the chicken in between and keep an eye on it because each oven varies in intensity.