- sliced cabbage - 2 cups
- sliced onion - 1
- chopped ginger - 1 tsp
- green chillies - 3
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Hing/ Asafoetida - 1 tsp
- Besan flour / Gram flour - 1 1/2 cups
- Rice flour - 1/2 cup
- Hot oil - 2 tbsp
- Required water
- Oil for deep frying
- curry leaves
Cabbage pakoda / Cabbage pakora is a popular tea time snack which can be prepared quickly.Do try this and share how it turned out.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sliced cabbage, sliced onions, chopped ginger, green chillies, turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilly powder, garam masala powder, fennel seeds, hing/Asafoetida, curry leaves, chopped coriander leaves and salt .
- Combine well by squeezing it,so that the moisture comes out.
- Add Besan flour / chickpea flour and rice flour to it and mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp of hot oil to it and mix well.
- Sprinkle water and combine them well.
- Fry them in batches until golden brown on both sides.while frying the last batch, add curry leaves for extra flavor.
- Tasty cabbage pakodas are ready. Serve it with hot tea / coffee