Carrot halwa/Gajar halwa:It is a delicious sweet recipe made with very few ingredients carrots, milk and sugar. It can be prepared by even beginners and its a yummy dessert that is loved by kids and adults .we can follow the same method to prepare beetroot halwa as well.I love to hve carrot halwa with some ice cream . It’s a best combination.do try that in home and share how you liked it.
- Heat few tbsps of ghee in a pan and add the grated carrot and saute it for 2 -3 minutes until the carrot changes its color a little bit.
- To that add milk,and cook the carrots on a medium heat until it thickens and all milk evaporates.Stir inbetween to avoid burning and also scrape the sides of the pan.
- Once it thickens a bit add the sugar, cardamom powder and mix well. The mixture loosens as soon as we add sugar. Keep it on a medium heat and cook until everything thickens.
- Add a tbsp of ghee,chopped cashews,chopped almonds and chopped pistachios to that halwa and mix well.
- Super tasty and yummy carrot halwa is ready to be enjoyed.