- To Grind
- To prepare pickle
cauliflower pickle / Gobi Achaar : It is a spicy and flavorful condiment recipe which goes very well with curd rice. learn to make by following this recipe which will definately turn out good.
You may also like
- To Blanch:Heat some water in a pan and add cauliflower florets to it and allow itto rest for 2 mins.drain them and dry them completely with a kitchen cloth.Keep it aside
- To Grind:In a pan, add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.Roast them.Make sure you dont burn them.Grind it to a fine powder.
- To Prepare pickle: In a pan,heat a cup of oil.To that,add the dried cauliflower florets and fry them for 3 to 5 mins in high heat.do not over fry them ,make sure they remain crunchy.Transfer to a bowl.Allow it to cool down.
- In the same pan with oil,add mustard seeds,dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add garlic and saute them for 5 mins.Add hing/asafoetida,saute them for a min and switch off the heat.
- Add the tempering to cool completely.
- To that cooled fried cauliflower florets, add salt,turmeric powder, kashmiri chilly powder, chilly powder, ground mustard fenugreek powder and lemon juice.Mix well.
- Add the cooled tempering and mix well.Allow it to rest for24 hrs
- After 24hrs ,your delicious pickle is ready.
- Transfer it to a glass container and store in fridge
- Store it in dry air tight container
- Do not use wet hands while serving, always use a clean and dry spoon.
- You can also use vinegar instead of lemon juice