- To make Chettinad masala
- To make Crab masala
Chettinad Crab Masala :The crab meat cooked in a very flavorful chettinad masala is a spicy treat for Crab lovers.It is a mouth watering crab masala that goes well with rice,chapathi etc.Do try this and share your feedback to us:)
- To make Chettinad masala paste:In a pan, dry roast cinnamon stick, Cloves, Star Anise, Green Cardamom, Cumin seeds, Fennel seeds, Pepper corns, dry red chillies, Coriander seeds and coconut.Grind it to a smooth paste.
- To make Crab masala: In a pan,heat some Oil and temper it with mustard seeds and few curry leaves.To that, Add finely chopped Onions and saute until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add Green chillies, ginger garlic paste and cook until the raw smell is gone.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute until they are soft and well cooked.
- Add Turmeric powder, Kashmiri Red Chilly powder(Reduce the spiceness as per your spice level), Ground masala paste and stir well.Add water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Once the gravy starts boiling, Add the cleaned crabs and cook for 15 minutes .If you are using small crabs , cook it for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Finally garnish it with some chopped coriander leaves.
- Tasty Flavorful Chettinad Crab masala is ready.Enjoyy!!!
- This crab masala is a spicy one ,so if you want to reduce it,add peppercorns and chilly powder as per your spice level.
- I have used Dungeness crab for this recipe.you can try it with other crabs also.