- To Temper
- To Saute and Grind
Fish curry is an awesome delicious curry that goes amazing with Rice / Dosas / Idlies etc. This Fish Curry ,I learned it from my chithi (My mom’s Sister ) and its very simple to make.This curry can be made with shallots only and not to be substituted with onions as Shallots does make all the difference to the fish curry.Try this Fish curry at your home and surely you will love this .
- In a pan, add Oil ,Once it become hot ,add Peppercorns,Cumin Seeds,Fenugreek seeds ,Shallots , Garlic Pods , Few Curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Add Kashmiri Red chillies (Gives nice Color) and Coriander Seeds and saute until they get roasted Well.Do it in low heat,Make sure it should not get burnt
- Add tomatoes and saute until they get mashed completely.
- Add grated coconut and saute for a min or two
- Allow it to cool completely and grind it to a Smooth paste.
- In a pan,add Sesame Oil ,Add Mustard Seeds and allow it to splutter.Add Shallots and saute.To that ,Add Green chillies and Curry leaves and saute.
- Add Tomatoes and saute till it become soft and mashed completely.
- Add the Ground Coconut mixture ,Tamarind Water , required water, required salt and allow it to boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the Cleaned Fish pieces and allow to cook for 5 to 8 minutes.The Fish will cook faster so be careful not to break the fish pieces.Garnish it with Curry Leaves and switch off the heat
- Give atleast an hour of resting time before you serve.Fish curry taste awesome the next day or even after that.