- To Roast and Grind
Chettinad Mutton Curry / Mutton Kuzhambu : It is a spicy,flavorful curry and it taste absolutely delicious.The mutton pieces is cooked with freshly ground chettinad masala which gives extra flavor to this curry.Chettinad mutton gravy goes well with almost anything from chappathi, porotta, naan to rice. The ground masala is key to this dish and makes it more delicious and it gives nice aroma. Just give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.
You may Also Like:
- To make chettinad masala:Roast cinamon stick, Cloves,Star Anise,cardamom, fennel seeds, cumin seeds,pepper corns,dry red chilies, coriander seeds,Dessicated / Freshly grated coconut ,on a medium heat and grind it to a smooth powder.
- In a pan heat some oil, temper it with cinnamon Sticks,Fennel seeds.To that add Shallots and saute well.Try to use shallots as it gives a unique taste to this mutton curry.You can also replace it with regular onions if you dont have shallots at home.
- Add Ginger garlic paste and Fry it until raw smell goes.
- Add Chopped Tomatoes and saute until Mushy.
- To that ,add Turmeric powder , freshly ground masala powder and saute for two more minutes.
- Add the mutton pieces and stir it well with the masalas and transfer it to a pressure cooker.
- Add required salt and water and Cook for 4 to 5 whistles on a medium heat or until the mutton is well cooked.
- Once the pressure released completely,add some chopped Coriander leaves.
- Tasty and Spicy Chettinad Mutton Curry is ready.Serve it with hot rice!!!!.Tastes Absolutely Delicioussss.
If you find this post useful,Please pin it or share it in facebook / Whatsapp /Google+ . Also please share your suggestions and your valuable comments.It will motivate me and i feel very happy.Thank You