- To make Chettinad Masala powder
Chettinad Prawns masala : Prawns are cooked in a onion tomato masala with freshly ground chettinad masala powder is a worth recipe you must try it in your home.These are amazingly delicious and a big treat to prawn lovers.It goes excellent with rice,chapathi, idli etc.Do try this and share your feedback
- To Make Chettinad masala powder :In a pan,dry roast cinnamon sticks, Star anise, Cloves, cardamom, Black stone flower, pepper corns, coriander seeds, dry red chillies, fennel seeds and cumin seeds.
- Once it get cooled,powder them in a blender.Our chettinad masala powder is ready.
- To Make Prawns masala : In a pan, Heat some Oil and temper it with mustard seeds, Green Chillies and Curry leaves.
- To that, Add Onions and saute till it become soft and translucent
- Add Ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes.
- To that, Add the spices Turmeric powder, Kashmiri Red chilli powder and freshly ground chettinad masala powder and saute for a min.
- Add the tomatoes and saute it till it become soft and mushy.
- Add required salt,water and mix well.Cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the prawns and mix well.Cover and Cook for 8 to 10 minutes depending upon your size of your prawns.Dont Add water.the Prawns will cook in its own water. Dont overcook as it becomes rubbery in texture.
- Garnish it with Chopped coriander leaves and squeeze lemon juice on top.
- Delicious Chettinad Prawns masala is ready.Enjoy!!!!