- To prepare Biryani Masala
- To Marinate chicken
- To Cook Rice
- For Assembling Biryani
Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe:It is the king of all biryani recipes and it is a very lengthy process but at the same time it is the easiest.In Dum method,We have to add the Marinated chicken and the rice is placed above it and it is tightly sealed and not letting the steam come out .By doing so,the biryani gets cooked well with good flavors and it taste awesome.I love Pressure Cooker Biryani but at the same time ,nothing can beat a dum biryani.Do try it and share your lovely feedback:)
Other Recipes are
- In a Bowl,Add the Basmati rice and Soak it for 30 minutes
- Cut a Onion into long thin slices and fry it in hot oil till they turn Brown in color.Keep it aside
- To prepare Biryani Masala powder:In a Coffee Grinder / Blender ,Add Cinnamon stick,Star Anise, Cloves, Green Cardamom, Mace, Marathi Moggu, Black Stone flower(kalpasi/ Dagad Phool), Shahi Jeera.Grind it to a fine powder.
- To Marinate Chicken:In a large Bowl, add Thick curd / Yogurt,Freshly ground biryani masala powder,Ginger garlic paste,Turmeric powder, Kashmiri Red Chilli powder, cumin powder , Garam masala powder ,Fried Onions, Green Chillies , Chopped Coriander leaves , chopped Mint leaves, Lemon juice , Oil ,ghee ,Required Salt and Pepper powder .Mix it well .
- Add the Chicken pieces to it and Coat the chicken pieces well in the marinade.
- Cover it and Refrigerate Overnight.Overnight marination infuses more flavor to the chicken piece.You have to allow it to rest atleast for 2 hours.
- To Cook Rice:In a large Pan,Add a tbsp of Oil and add the spices , Bayleaves, Cinnamon Stick, Star Anise, Green Cardamom , Cloves and Black Stone flower(kalpasi/ Dagad Phool).
- Add Required water and salt and allow the water to Boil.The Water should be salty ,Check for Salt and Add required salt needed for the rice.
- once the water comes to a rolling boil, add the basmati rice which has been soaked in water for 30 minutes .
- Allow the rice to cook until the rice is 50 % done.Immediately Switch off the heat and Drain the Rice.
- To Assemble Biryani:In a thick bottomed pan ,Add a tbsp of Oil and Add the marinated chicken and spread it evenly.
- Add a layer of 50 % Cooked rice ,and sprinkle some fried onions ,Chopped coriander leaves and Chopped mint leaves .
- Next add the remaining rice and Spread it evenly.
- On the top, add the Saffron milk(soak few strands of saffron in 2 tbsp of warm milk for 10 minutes ) ,Ghee and a tsp of Rose water(Which gives a nice flavor, which is optional).Sprinkle a tsp of Garam masala powder over it.
- Again top it with some fried onions ,Chopped coriander leaves and chopped mint leaves.
- To Seal the lid:Make a dough with Wheat flour or All purpose flour.Apply dough to the edges of the lid and press firmly So that it forms a tight seal. Seal the Opening for the steam in the lid.
- To Cook the Biryani:Cook it for 12 to 15 minutes on high heat and 10 minutes on low heat . Afterthat ,Place it over a hot Dosa Pan for about 10 mins in low /medium heat .
- Delicious and flavorful Chicken Dum Biryani is ready to be served.Serve hot with raita !!!