- To Marinate Chicken
- To Saute Onion & Peppers
- To Make Jalfrezi
Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe : It is one of the easiest curries to make at home.It is amazingly delicious,comforting food that spice up your tastebuds. You can replace chicken with lamb, Paneer etc.Do try this and please share your valuable feedback.:)
- To Marinate Chicken: In a large bowl, Add the chicken, salt, Turmeric powder, Kashmiri Red chilli powder, Coriander powder, ginger garlic paste, Cumin powder, pepper. Mix well, so that the masalas are coated well in the chicken pieces.
- Allow it to marinate for minimum 1 hour to Overnight. Longer marination infuses more flavor to the chicken.
- To Saute Onion & Peppers : Heat Oil in a pan. Add the Colored peppers and cubed Onion and saute for a min or two .Keep it aside.
- To make Jalfrezi : Heat Oil in a pan. Add the marinated chicken and saute for about 5 mins.
- Add the tomato paste and mix well. You can replace tomato paste with pureed tomatoes .
- Add some water and mix well. Cook the chicken well .
- To that add the green chillies, julienne ginger, chopped Coriander leaves, sauted bell peppers and onions. Simmer it for 5 to 8 mins until everything combines together.
- Delicious chicken Jalfrezi is ready to serve. Serve it with naan or basmati rice.
- I have used fresh chicken in this recipe, but this jalfrezi would be a great way to use up leftover tandoori chicken / roast chicken too. Simply follow the recipe as stated, except for the chicken, and then add in the shredded leftover chicken into the pan about 5 minutes before the end
- Simply adjust the chillies / Red chilli powder to your preference