- To Marinate chicken
- To Caramelise Onions
- To Make Masala paste
- To make Korma
Chicken Korma Recipe : It is a classic, creamy and very tempting chicken gravy that the chicken is cooked in creamy cashew and yogurt paste.It will be loved by the kids because of the creaminess and also it wont be much spicy like other dishes. It makes an awesome combination with pulao’s , naans or roti’s .Do try this and share your feedback:)
- To Marinate the chicken : In a large bowl, Add the chicken pieces, turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilly powder, Coriander powder, Garam masala powder, Ginger garlic paste, required salt and pepper powder. Mix well. Allow it to marinate for 1 hour.
- To Caramelise the Onions : In a pan, Heat 1 tbsp of Oil and add the thinly sliced Onions, required salt and saute until the onions are nicely browned.Do it in low to medium heat.Make sure dont burn them as it will turn the gravy bitter.
- To Make Masala paste : In a Blender, Add the browned Onions, poppy seeds, Cashews, coconut and 1/4 Cup water. Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Add Yogurt to it and grind it again .
- To Make Korma : In a pan, Heat 2 tbsp of Oil and a tbsp of ghee. Temper it with bay leaf, Cinnamon stick, Star Anise, Cloves, Green cardamom and pepper corns.
- To that, Add the marinated chicken and saute it for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground masala paste, water, required salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook the chicken for about 30 minutes until chicken becomes soft .
- Garnish it with chopped Coriander leaves.
- Enjoyy chicken korma with Naan or Roti’s .
- If you dont have poppy seeds, increase the amount of cashews .