- To Marinate chicken
- To Make Gravy
Spicy Chicken Masala | Chicken Gravy : This chicken gravy is so delicious and flavorful. The longer marination makes the chicken more flavorful and tasty. It goes well rice as well as breakfasts like dosa,appams,idiappams,idlis etc.You will definitely love this simple and flavorful chicken gravy.Do try this next time and share your comments .
- To Marinate chicken:In a large bowl, Add the chicken, Turmeric powder, Kashmiri Red chilli powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder, Garam masala powder, salt, ginger garlic paste and few curry leaves .Mix well, so that the masalas are coated well in the chicken pieces.
- Allow it to marinate for minimum 1 hour to Overnight. Longer marination infuses more flavor to the chicken.
- To make Gravy: In a pan, heat some oil. Temper it with whole spices Cinnamon, Cloves, star anise, Cardamom pods and fennel seeds.
- Add green chillies, thinly sliced Onions and sauté till it become soft and translucent.
- Add the marinated chicken and sauté for about 5 mins. Close the lid and cook the chicken. Don’t add any water, the chicken itself ooze out lots of water and it will cook in its own water.
- Once the chicken is cooked well, open the lid and sauté it until the excess water evaporates and you get a desired gravy consistency.
- Add Fennel powder and mix it well.
- Squeeze some lemon juice and add some chopped Coriander leaves.
- Tasty chicken gravy is ready.
- Serve hot with dosa/appams/idiyappams/idlis/rice.