- For Dough
- For chicken filling
Chicken Momos : They are super delicious,extremely simple to make chicken dumplings. I have steamed in this recipe, you can fry or bake them too. Also you can replace chicken with mutton, vegetables, paneer as per one’s perference. For healthier version, you can make it with whole wheat instead of all purpose flour / Maida. Do try this and share your feedback 🙂
- To Make Dough : In a mixing bowl, Add All purpose flour, Required salt, Oil and mix well.
- Add water little by little and knead it to a soft but stiff dough.
- Cover it and Allow it to rest for about 30 minutes
- To Make chicken filling : In a large pan, Heat some Oil and add Minced garlic and minced ginger.Saute for a min.
- Add Chopped Onion and saute it till it become soft and translucent.
- Add the minced chicken and saute it for about 5 minutes until chicken gets cooked well.
- Add salt, pepper, soy sauce and chilli sauce and mix well.Keep stirring until all moisture evaporates completely.Keep it aside to come to room temperature.
- To Assemble Momos : After 30 minutes,Take a small portion of dough and roll it to a small ball.
- Dust in some All-Purpose Flour and start to roll the ball in to a medium thick circular sheet.
- Put the chicken filling in the center and fold the wrap into half.Press the edges using your fingers.
- Bring the two edges in the middle and press them.You can shape the momos as your wish.
- To steam the momos : Grease the steamer with oil and place the prepared momos in the steamer.
- Boil water in a pan and place the steamer over the hot boiling water.
- Cover and steam for 10 to 15 minutes or until they looks transparent.
- Delicious chicken momos are ready.Serve hot with hot chilli sauce.