- To Make Masala
Chicken Salna : It is the most famous and best side dish for parotta of all time.Its spicy,loads of flavor, kind of little watery chicken curry with freshly roasted and grinded masala. A must try recipe that goes well with parotta and you will surely love this curry.The road side stalls serve the best salna ever .This recipe which tastes quite similar to the one which we get from hotels. Please do try and share your valuable feedback to us 😊
- To Prepare Masala : Heat oil in a pan, add the spices Cinnamon stick, Cloves, Cardamom, black stone flower, Peppercorns, Cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cashewnuts and coconut.Saute until coconut turns golden brown.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and grind it to a fine paste by adding some water.
- To Make Salna : Heat Oil in a pressure cooker and add bay leaves, green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Sauté until raw smell goes.
- Add Sliced Onions ,some salt and saute it until translucent.
- Add the spices turmeric powder, red chilli powder and Coriander powder and saute for few mins.
- Add tomato puree and saute for few mins.
- Add the chicken pieces, ground coconut masala paste, mix well with the masalas and add enough water, required salt and mix well. Chicken salna will be a little watery,so add extra water to it.
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook for 1 to 2 whistles on a medium heat.
- If you are using a pan to prepare the salna then cover it with a lid and cook until the chicken is completely done for about 30 mins.
- Our chicken salna is ready.you will see oil floating on the top .Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves