- To Make Masala powder
- To Prepare chicken curry
Curry leaves Chicken Curry / Karuveppilai Chicken curry : This curry is a very flavorful and tasty chicken curry made with fresh curry leaves. Curry leaves has lots of medicinal values and we always use as tempering ingredient. The masala powder we grind gives an awesome taste to this curry.Do try this and share your feedback😊
- To Prepare Curry leaves masala powder: In a pan dry roast cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom, star anise, black stone flower / dagad phool, cumin seeds, Fennel seeds, dry red chillies and coriander seeds. Transfer to a bowl and Allow it to cool.
- Now add a tsp of oil and add curry leaves and saute until they become crisp.Make sure its not getting browned. Transfer to the bowl and cool completely.
- Now transfer to a spice grinder or blender and grind it to a fine powder.Keep it aside.
- To Make Curry leaves chicken curry: In a pan heat some oil and temper it with fennel seeds and bay leaf.
- Add green chillies and chopped Onions.Saute it for few minutes.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes.
- Add chopped tomato and saute until it turns mushy.
- Now add turmeric powder and ground masala powder and mix well for a min.
- Add the chicken pieces, salt and saute for about 5 mins until the masalas are nicely coated with the pieces.
- Add required water and cover and cook the chicken for about 20 minutesin low to medium heat.
- Finally garnish it with some curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Delicious curry leaves chicken curry is ready to be served.Serve it with Idli/ Dosas, parottas or with rice/Pulao.
• To make it dry,add less water and saute until all the moisture evaporates.
• Use fresh curry leaves for this recipe.
• You can increase or reduce the spice level by reducing black pepper or green chillies.