- For Biryani Spice Powder
- Wash Seeraga Samba rice well in water and Soak it in water.
- Cook Mutton with turmeric powder, Ginger garlic paste, salt and water.Keep it aside
- In a Blender , Add Cinnamon Sticks , Star Anise , Marati Mokku , Cardamom , Cloves , Mace , Black Stone flower (Dagad Phool) , Cumin Seeds , Fennel Seeds and grind it to a fine Powder. Now Biryani Spice Powder is ready.Keep it aside.
- In a large Pan, heat Oil and Ghee.Add bay leaves and saute for a min.
- Add Ginger Garlic paste and fry it until raw smell goes.
- Add in Onions and green chillies. Saute it well.
- Add in the Spices turmeric powder, Red chilly Powder , Coriander Powder ,Freshly Ground Biryani Powder, Pepper Powder and Mix Well.
- Add in Curd and Mix well.
- Add the Chopped Coriander leaves and Mint Leaves.Mix well.
- Add the Cooked Mutton Pieces and saute well.Reserve the mutton cooked water (Mutton Soup).
- Add in Mutton soup (I got 1 Cup Mutton Soup ) along with Water / Coconut milk (2 Cup) i.e.(Total 3 Cups ). For 1 Cup Seeraga Samba rice , 1 1/2 Cup Water.Allow the water to boil.
- Once the water starts Boiling,Check for Salt and add the seeraga Samba rice and mix well.
- Cover it with Aluminium foil and tightly close the lid.Cook for 10 minutes in medium heat and 15 minutes in low heat.Turn off the heat and allow it to rest for 10 to 15 mins.
- Tasty Thalapakatti Mutton Biryani is ready to serve.
- You can Replace Water with Coconut milk.It add Extra flavor and taste to this Biryani.
- You can replace mutton with chicken and follow the same recipe.
If you find this post useful,Please pin it or share it in facebook / Whatsapp /Google+ . Also please share your suggestions and your valuable comments.It will motivate me and i feel very happy.Thank You