- To temper
Drumstick Sambar or Murungakkai sambar recipe : This is a simple drumstick sambar recipe that tastes amazing with the flavours of drumstick.One can add any vegetables to the sambar like Shallots,Radish,Carrot,Potato,Brinjal,Okra etc according to their preference.The drumstick added in this sambar gives a very unique taste to the sambar and flavours the sambar a lot.For the best taste use tender drumsticks. .Here is my version of Drumstick sambar recipe. So try this out and let me know how it turned out for you.
- Pressure cook toor dal with enough water for 4-5 whistles or until mushy. Mash it well with a laddle,Set aside.
- Soak a small lemon sized tamarind in hot water for 10 minutes and extract the juice by adding water.
- In a pan, heat oil and temper with mustard seeds,cumin seeds,fenugreek seeds .
- Add Garlic pods , Shallots and curry leaves and saute for a min or two.
- Add tomatoes and saute until mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, Sambar powder and hing and saute well.
- Add the drumsticks and saute.Add salt, tamarind pulp and required water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 10-15 minutes in medium flame until the drumsticks are soft and tender.
- Add the cooked dhal and Add some water if the dal is very thick. Add water only if necessary.Allow it to boil.
- Add in jaggery and lot of coriander leaves.
- Serve Drumstick Sambar hot with rice.
If you find this post useful,Please pin it or share it in facebook / Whatsapp /Google+ . Also please share your suggestions and your valuable comments.It will motivate me and i feel very happy.Thank You