- To prepare Biryani Masala
- To Roast Eggs
- To Cook Rice
- For Assembling Biryani
Egg Biryani : This biryani is full of flavor, very simple to make and it is loved by all.Even a beginner can do this perfectly.Do try this recipe and share your feedback:)
- In a Bowl,Add the Basmati rice and Soak it for 30 minutes
- Cut a Onion into long thin slices and fry it in hot oil till they turn Brown in color.Keep it aside
- To prepare Biryani Masala powder:In a Coffee Grinder / Blender , Add Cinnamon stick, Star Anise, Cloves, Green Cardamom, Mace, Marathi Moggu, Shahi Jeera and peppercorns.Grind it to a fine powder.
- To Roast the eggs: Boil eggs and then cut them into halves.
- In a small pan, Add oil then add turmeric powder, Kashmiri Red chilly powder and salt.
- Place the eggs halves and cook them for 2 min on both the sides.Keep it aside.
- To Cook Rice:In a large Pan,Add a tbsp of Oil and add the spices , Bayleaves, Cinnamon Stick, Star Anise, Green Cardamom , Cloves and shahi jeera.
- Add Required water and salt and allow the water to Boil.The Water should be salty ,Check for Salt and Add required salt needed for the rice.
- Once the water comes to a rolling boil, add the basmati rice which has been soaked in water for 30 minutes .
- Allow the rice to cook until the rice is 80 to 90 % done.Immediately Switch off the heat and Drain the Rice.
- To Assemble Biryani:In a thick bottomed pan, heat 2 tbsp of Oil and a tbsp of ghee.
- Add Onion and saute until they are browned .Don’t burn it.
- Add green chillies and ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes.
- Add the spices turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilly powder, Coriander powder and 1 tbsp of biryani masala powder.Saute for a min.
- To that Add yogurt and mix well.
- Add required salt, chopped Coriander leaves and chopped mint leaves. Mix well.
- Above the masala,layer the roasted eggs .
- Add the cooked rice over it and Spread it evenly.
- spread some fried onions, sprinkle a tsp of garam masala powder, a tsp of rose water, saffron milk (soak few strands of saffron in 2 tbsp of warm milk for 10 minutes ), Roasted Cashews, Chopped Coriander leaves , Chopped mint leaves and a tbsp of ghee.
- To Seal the lid:Make a dough with Wheat flour or All purpose flour.Apply dough to the edges of the lid and press firmly So that it forms a tight seal. Seal the Opening for the steam with a clove in the lid.
- To Cook the Biryani: Place it over a hot Dosa Pan and Cook it for 12 to 15 minutes on medium heat .
- Delicious and flavorful Egg Dum Biryani is ready to be served.Serve hot with raita !!!