Fish fry is a best appetizer for all the sea food Lovers.It Provides a delightful experience to our taste buds.This tempting fish fry can be prepared in a jiffy with minimal ingredients readily available in our kitchen.One Important thing needed for this fry is marination time, the more the marination time, the more the taste and flavor. I have used Striped Sea Bass Steaks,You can use any fish of your choice.
- Clean fish steaks with cold water, pat dry and Keep aside.
- In a bowl, Add Turmeric Powder, Kashmiri red chilly powder(gives nice color),Cumin Powder,Garam masala Powder,Fennel Seed Powder, Pepper Powder,Lemon juice,Oil,Chopped Curry Leaves and Required Salt.Mix it well.Dont add Water.
- Coat the prepared masala on the fish slices on both sides.
- Marinate the fish slices for at least 1 hour or you can also leave it in refrigerator overnight for spices to blend well into the fish steaks.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat to shallow fry the fish steaks.Once the pan is hot enough, place the fish steaks and let it cook on each side for 4 to 5 minutes until fully cooked.
- Tasty Fish fry is ready to be served.Serve as an appetizer or with sambar or rasam rice as a side.
- Adjust spice levels as per your taste.
- You can use any fish of your own choice.
- Make sure not to overcook the fish steaks because it will become harder.
- The oil added in the marinade acts as a binding agent.So dont skip it
- The fennel Powder and chopped Curry leaves gives an extra flavor to the fish fry
If you find this post useful,Please pin it or share it in facebook / Whatsapp /Google+ . Also please share your suggestions and your valuable comments.It will motivate me and i feel very happy.Thank You