- Russet Potatoes
- Vinegar-2 tbsp
- Required Salt
- Oil for frying
French fries /Finger chips is a very popular snack or starter made with potatoes.Golden and crispy on the outside, the perfect softness on the inside.Everybody loves French fries.Do try this at your home next time.
The trick for French fries is double frying.First fry them for few minutes to eliminate moisture,freeze for sometime and then fry them again to ensure crispiness.
To know, how to make tomato ketchup at home,please click here :Tomato Ketchup
- Peel the skin of potatoes and cut the potatoes into sticks .
- Put the cut potatoes in a bowl of cold water .Soak them for minimum 30 minutes.Soaking the sliced potatoes is the must step of making proper french fries. The soaking process removes the starch from the potatoes, which will help the fries achieve the perfect crispness.
- Boil some water in a pan.Add required salt and vinegar .
- Add the drained potato sticks and Boil them for about 3 minutes
- Drain them out and Rinse it with cold water.
- Pat dry with kitchen towel to remove all moisture from the potatoes.you want them to be as dry as possible.
- Heat oil in a pan,add the potato sticks in batches and fry for about 3 minutes .Drain on the lined tray and let them cool for about 20 minutes.
- Freeze them in the freezer for about 1 hr or refrigerate for 2 hours in a freezer safe bag .
- After an hour in the freezer,take them out and fry them in a hot oil until they are evenly crispy and golden brown.Drain them from the hot oil.Sprinkle them with salt and pepper immediately.
- Serve hot with homemade ketchup or mayonnaise.
- Soaking the cut potato sticks is a very important step for a perfect french fries
- If you want to make it in larger quantity and fry them for the first time and freeze them in the freezer.Whenever you want ,take them and fry them until golden brown
- For healthier version,Bake them in a preheated oven 450 F for 35 to 40 minutes.Flip to the Other side and bake for another 5 minutes.