Garlic Pickle : This garlic pickle is very easy to prepare. For the pickle, use garlic with small size flakes. If the flakes are big then cut it into two to four lengthwise. Sesame Oil gives a nice flavour to the pickle and it is used to keep the pickle for a quite long time. Also Vinegar acts as preservative in this pickle.It tastes awesome once it is soaked nicely, So allow it to soak for atleast 1 – 2 days before serving.
- In a pan, heat 4 tbsp of Sesame Oil.Use Sesame Oil for the nice flavour for this pickle.
- Temper it with mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add green chillies and chopped ginger and saute for a min or two.
- Add the garlic cloves, required salt and saute on medium flame till the garlic turns slightly golden and soften. Make sure you do not over roast the garlic. For the pickle, use garlic with small size flakes. If the flakes are big then cut it into two to four lengthwise.
- Aftertat,Add turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilli powder, fenugreek powder and hing. saute for a min on low heat till spices gets cooked well.
- Add vinegar to it and mix well.
- Finally add ½ tsp of jaggery to it and switch off the heat.Jaggery enhances the taste of the pickle.
- Delicious garlic pickle is ready to serve. Enjoy with Curd rice or any rice of your choice.
- Store it in dry air tight container
- Do not use wet hands while serving, always use a clean and dry spoon.
- You can also use lemon juice instead of vinegar.