- To fry Cauliflower
- To Make Sauce
Cuisine: Indo-Chinese Cooking time: 30 mins Serving: 4 people
Gobi Manchurian Dry: It is a very popular starter recipe eaturing crispy cauliflower florets dancing in a tantalizing spicy sauce that taste awesome and goes well with noodles or with fried rice.I am sharing a dry version of gobi manchurian but if you want gravy version you can add corn flour water and thicken it.Do try this simple starter recipe and share your feedback:)
Check out my other manchurian recipes
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. The florets should not be too big, it should be medium. Heat some water in a pan and add it over the cauliflower florets.Allow it to rest for 10 mins.Drain it completely. Keep it aside.
- To Fry the Cauliflower florets : In a bowl, Add All purpose flour, Corn flour, rice flour, Kashmiri Chilly powder, required salt and ginger garlic paste. Mix it well.
- Add water gradually and make it to a smooth paste.The batter should not be too thick nor too thin.
- Add the cauliflower florets and coat them well in the batter.
- Heat some oil for frying. Deep fry the cauliflower florets until golden brown.Make them in batches. Keep it aside.
- To Make Sauce : In a pan, heat oil. Add minced garlic and ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onion and saute till slightly soft.
- Add Green chillies and chopped Bell pepper and saute for a min.
- Add Soy sauce, Chilli sauce, Tomato Ketchup, vinegar, salt and pepper . Mix well.
- Finally add the fried cauliflower florets. Give it a good mix.
- Garnish it with chopped spring onion .Mix well.
- Serve hot with fried rice or as an appetizer.
- If you want little gravy, Mix 1 tbsp of cornstarch in 1 cup of water and add it to the gravy and allow to thicken a little and then add the cauliflower florets
- Don’t add salt for gravy,because the sauces have salt in it.
- Always serve hot as it may turn soggy when resting time is given.
- Make sure not to saute the veggies for a long time as the veggies need to be crunchy.