- To Marinate the chicken
- For Green paste
Hariyali Chicken kebab / Green Chicken kabab : Soft and juicy Chicken kebabs with lovely flavors and colors of greens with mint chutney is totally irresistible. The main important thing for this kabab is marination. The mint and Coriander leaves along with some spices and yogurt gives more flavor and taste to the chicken pieces. Do try this amazing kebab in your kitchen and share your feedback.
- Wash the chicken breast and cut into medium size chunks.Drain the excess moisture using a kitchen towel and keep it aside.
- To Make Green paste : In a blender / Mixie, Add green chillies, Coriander leaves, mint leaves, 1/2 lemon juice and grind it to a smooth paste. If needed, add a tbsp of water for grinding the green paste.
- To make marinade : In a large bowl, Add 1/2 cup of thick yogurt, Ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, Cumin powder, Coriander powder, Garam masala powder, Required salt, Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves), pepper powder, Oil and green paste.Mix it well.
- To that, Add chicken chunks and mix it well.
- To that, Add Cubed onions and cubed bell peppers and mix that well.
- Allow it to rest for minimum 2 hours to overnight.The longer the better.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for about 1 hour to avoid burning.
- Arrange the chicken pieces,Onion, Bell peppers alternatively in a skewer.
- To prepare the kabab:Method 1 -> Stove top
- In a grill pan / Dosa pan, Spread some oil and cook the chicken pieces on all the sides until done.
- Method 2 -> Oven
- Pre heat the oven at 400F and cook them for 15 to 20 minutes and finally broil them for 2 minutes on each side.
- Keep checking and turn the skewer sticks to cook evenly from all the sides. Grill till the kabab is well done.
- Our delicious chicken hariyali kebab is ready.Sprinkle some chaat masala on the top and serve it with mint chutney.