- Butter-4 lb
- Curry Leaves-1 string (Optional)
How to Make Ghee ,Which is also known as Clarified Butter,It is one of the important ingredient in Indian Cooking.It is made with one ingredient,unsalted butter by simmering down until you get a golden brown liquid and the milk solids settle down.Adding a spoon of ghee to rice or parathas enhances the taste.It gives a fantastic aroma and taste to any dessert/Sweets and makes the dish amazing.Here is the step by step recipe for making ghee from butter.
- Place the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan, on a medium heat and allow the butter to melt completely.Keep stirring occasionally.
- Once the butter has melted completely ,the melted butter starts to foam and boil.
- Add the curry leaves and mix them.It is optional,if you dont like the flavor,skip this.
- Turn the heat to low or medium and continue to simmer the butter. Simmer it ,until you notice a golden brown liquid.Also the milk solids will get separated and settle down in the bottom of the pan.
- Allow the ghee to cool slightly and then strain the ghee into a dry glass jar.
- After it cooled completely,the ghee will get solidified
- Aromatic Ghee is ready!!!!
Using Curry Leaves or drumstick leaves makes the ghee more flavorful and helps to keep the ghee flavorful for longer time
Do the process in low or medium heat to avoid burning.