- Whole milk - 1 gallon (3.7 litres)
- Lemon juice - 3tbsp
Homemade Paneer:It is very very easy to make paneer in your home in just 30 minutes.you need only 2 ingredients ,whole milk and lemon juice.You can either use vinegar , curd instead of lemon juice. The store bought paneer contains preservatives ,so always prefer to make paneer using these simple steps.
- In a large pan, Add 1 gallon of milk. Boil the milk and stir in between to avoid burning in the bottom
- When the milk starts to boil,Add the lemon juice .
- Stir continuosly till the milk curdles and the whey water get seperated. If the milk doesn’t curdle,add more lemon juice to it and stir .
- Don’t waste the whey water.Use it to knead dough or add in gravies or soups
- Place a cheese cloth over the strainer and drain the curdled milk immediately.
- Wash it with cold water to get rid of the lemon flavor. Squeese the excess water .
- Place the drained paneer over a colander and place a heavy weight over it.
- Allow it to rest for 30 minutes and afterthat a bock of paneer is ready.
- Cut into any of your desired sizes.