- Onions-1/2 chopped
- Garlic-3 cloves
- Vinegar-4 tbsp
- Garam masala/ All Spice Mix-1 1/2 tsp
- Paprika-1 tsp
- Sugar-3 tbsp
- Required salt
Homemade Ketchup sauce is very easier to make and anyone can do this.It is a sweet and tangy sauce,loaded with tomato goodness and there is no preservatives .It tastes similar to store bought one but the color was little different than the store bought one.
When tomatoes are in season or you have more tomatoes in your garden,it is cheaper and tastier to prepare your own batch of ketchup.Do try this friends and surprise your family. This ketchup will be loved by your entire family.
To know how to make crispy french fries at home,Please click here:French fries
- First lets blanch the tomatoes.Heat water in a pan and allow to boil.Using a sharp knife,cut a X shape on the bottom of each tomato and put them in the boiling water.
- Cook for few seconds until the tomato skins split open.Remove from the water and wash them in cold water .Peel the skins off.
- Blend the blanched tomatoes in a blender and keep aside.
- In a big pan,add the pureed tomatoes,chopped onions,garlic cloves,vinegar,garam masala/All spice mix,paprika,sugar,some salt and cook it in a medium heat.
- Cook the tomato sauce until it becomes more thick in texture.Switch off the heat and allow to cool for sometime.It takes about 30 minutes to 40 minutes.
- Blend the cooked mixture in a blender and With a Strainer,strain the puree very well .
- Our homemade Ketchup is ready.Serve it with French fries or any of your favorite snacks.