- For Kadai Masala
- To Saute and Grind
Kadai Chicken Recipe :It is a classic Indian chicken curry made with freshly ground spices which is spicy and full of flavour. It goes well with rotis, naan or paratha and also with rice. Do try and share how it turned out to you.
- For Kadai Masala : Heat a pan and add Coriander seeds, Cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black peppercorns and dry red chillies. Dry roast everything on low flame .Do not over roast them. Allow It to cool down. Grind it to a fine powder.
- To Saute and Grind : In a pan, heat some oil .Add onions and saute until the onions are soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes off.
- Add tomatoes and cashew nuts and cook until it is mushy.
- Allow it to cool down. Transfer to a blender and grind it to fine paste.
- To make Kadai chicken : In a pan, heat some oil and butter. Temper it with cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the spices turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilli powder and kadai masala powder. Saute for a min. Make sure you don’t burn the spices.
- Add the chicken pieces, salt and saute for about 5 mins.
- Add the grounded onion tomato paste and mix well.
- Add required water and cover and cook until done.
- Add the cubed onions, cubed coloured peppers, green chillies and julienned ginger and cook for 3 mins.
- Finally add kasuri methi and chopped Coriander leaves.
- Tasty Kadai chicken is ready.