Kajada/Muttaikose cake is a famous Tea shop cake recipe made with few ingredients. This is a very famous tea time snack in nagercoil and we used to call it muttaikose cake . Lets see how to make this vettu cake / Kajada recipe.
- In a blender, add cardamom and sugar and grind it to a fine powder. Then add 1 egg and grind it again to a smooth batter.
- In a bowl, add All purpose flour/ Maida, Semolina/ rava, baking soda, salt, ghee/melted butter and wet egg sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add water little at a time and make it to a soft sticky dough. Keep it aside for minimum 15 mins.
- Heat some oil in a pan in a medium heat .Apply some ghee in your hands and make small balls out of the batter. Dont press it too hard.
- Drop the balls in the pan and cook in medium heat. If the oil is too hot ,outside will get browned and inside will be raw.So fry them in low to medium heat
- Our delicious Muttaikose or vettu cake or kajada is ready to be served with hot tea or coffee.