Kappa Biryani Recipe |chicken kappa biriyani |tapioca chicken Recipe :Kappa or tapioca is a staple food in Kerala.Kappa Biryani is a traditional dish of Kerala which is usually prepared with beef or mutton.here i prepared them with chicken.It is easy to prepare and it taste amazingly delicious.do try this and share how it turned out to you:)
- To Cook tapioca : Heat some water in a pan.Add salt, turmeric powder and tapioca .Cover and cook the tapiocas until done.drain them and keep it aside.
- To Cook the chicken: In a pan,heat some oil .Temper it with cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom , dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add thinly sliced onion, green chillies , salt and saute until translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes.
- Add sliced tomatoes to it and saute until it is mashed completely.
- To that, add the spices turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilly powder, coriander powder, pepper powder and garam masala powder. Mix it well.
- Add chicken,salt and saute for 5 mins
- Add reuired water and mix well.Cover and cook the chicken until done.
- To prepare biryani. Add the cooked tapioca to the chicken gravy we prepared and mix well.Mash the tapioca slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Add coconut oil, pepper powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
- delicious tapioca chicken biryani is ready to serve .