- To temper
Kara chutney :This chutney is very easy to prepare and taste amazingly delicious with dosa / idli / uthappam etc.Do try this and share how it turned out to you:)
- In a pan,add a tbsp of oil and add cumin seeds, urad dal, channa dal, garlic pods,ginger piece and dry red chillies.
- Add chopped onion, salt and saute for a min.
- To that, add the tomatoes, chopped coriander leaves and a smallpiece of tamarind.Also add turmeric powder and kashmiri chilly powder(which gives nice red colour to the chutney).Saute for a min
- Cover and cook the tomatoes until it is mushy.
- Allow it to cool completely and grind it to fine paste.
- To temper:Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan and temper it with mustard seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies.
- Pour the tempering over the chutney.
- Delicious Kara chutney is ready to serve.