- Channa Dal / Kadalai Paruppu - 2 cups
- spinach - 2 cups
- Fennel Seeds - 1 tbsp
- Dry Red chillies -5
- Garlic - 2 pods
- Ginger - a small piece
- Onion - 1 , finely Chopped
- Chopped Coriander leaves
- Required salt
- Oil for deep frying
Keerai Masala Vada /SpinachParuppu Vada : It is an yummy tea time snack recipe.Masala Vadas with hot tea / Coffee is a best combination for a wonderful evening.To make the vada more healthy,i have added spinach to it.You can add any greens of your choice. dont skip fennel seeds which gives flavor to the vadaas .Do try this simple and tasty evening snack and share your feedback:)
You may also like
- Wash and Soak the channa dal for 2 to 3 hours. Take 1/4 cup from it and keep it aside.
- In a blender, Add fennel seeds, Dry red chillies, Garlic pods, a small piece ginger and soaked channa dal and grind it to a coarse paste.Transfer to a bowl.
- To that add required salt, chopped spinach, chopped Coriander leaves and chopped onion.Mix well.
- Take a small portion and pat them on your palm to form a circle with medium thickness.
- In a pan,Heat oil for deep frying.Deep fry in hot oil until golden in colour,flipping once in between. Always cook in medium flame to ensure even cooking and golden colour.
- Drain and Serve.
- Crispy keerai Masala Vada /spinach paruppu vada’s are ready.Enjoy with hot tea / coffee!!!