- To temper
Kerala Style Fish curry with coconut milk:Fish curry with coconut milk is an awesome delicious curry that goes amazing with Rice / Dosas / Idlies etc.I have used king fish steaks for this recipe.You can use any kind of fish or even you can make this with prawns.Try this Fish curry at your home and surely you will love this .
Other Fish recipes
- Chettinad fish curry
- Andhra Fish curry
- Mango Fish curry
- Chettinad Fish fry
- King fish fry
- Simple fish fry
- Fish fingers/ fish nuggets
- Soak cocum (kudampuli) in warm water for 15 minutes.
- In a mortar& pestle / blender, Add shallots, ginger and garlic pods.Crush it .
- Heat Coconut Oil in a pan and add the crushed paste,green chillies and few curry leaves.Saute for 2 mins.
- Add the spices turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilly powder and Coriander powder.Saute for a min.
- Add chopped Tomato and saute till it become mushy and completely mashed up.
- Add Thin Coconut milk(2nd coconut extract), Cocum ( kudampuli ) petals along with the soaked water and required salt.Mix well.Cover and allow it to boil .
- Once it starts to boil, add the King fish steaks.Cover and cook for 15 mins .You can reduce the time if you are using small fishes.
- Add thick coconut milk(1st coconut extract ) and swirl the pan. Dont mix it with ladle,it will break the fish pieces.Boil for 2 mins in low heat and switch off the heat immediately. Dont boil for more time after adding thick coconut mik
- To temper: In a pan,heat coconut Oil.Temper it with Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds and Fenugreek seeds.Add shallots and few curry leaves.saute till it slightly browned.
- Pour the tempering over the fish curry .
- Tasty Fish curry is ready.Allow the fish curry to rest for minimum 1 to 2 hrs.
- Serve hot with rice and Kish fish fry
- Making this fish curry in clay pot/ Manchatti gives the best taste to the curry.
- Coconut Oil gives a best aroma and extra taste to the curry.You can replace with other cooking oil too.
- If you dont have Cocum / Kudampuli in home,replace it with regular tamarind/ Sour mango slices.
- You can use store bought coconut milk too.