Cuisine: Indian Cooking time: 30 mins Serving: 5 people
King Fish fry : Fish fry is a best appetizer for all the sea food Lovers.It Provides a delightful experience to our taste buds.This tempting fish fry can be prepared in a jiffy with minimal ingredients readily available in our kitchen.One Important thing needed for this fry is marination time, the more the marination time, the more the taste and flavor. I have used King fish Steaks,You can use any fish of your choice.Do try this and share your valuable feedback:)
You might also like
- In a bowl, Add the fish steaks, a tbsp of vinegar and water.Let it rest for 15 mins.Drain it and clean fish steaks with cold water, pat dry and Keep it aside.
- In a blender, Add Shallots, Ginger garlic paste, Peppercorns, Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Kashmiri chilly powder, Coriander powder, Turmeric powder, Garam masala powder (Optional), coconut Oil(You can use any cooking oil), and Vinegar(you can use Lemon juice or tamarind pulp.
- Grind it to a smooth paste.If needed, add water while grinding.If the masala paste becomes little watery, you can add rice flour or corn flour.Transfer to a bowl.Add some chopped Curry leaves and mix well.
- Apply the masalas on the fish slices on both sides
- Marinate the fish slices for at least 1 hour or you can also leave it in refrigerator overnight for spices to blend well into the fish steaks.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat to shallow fry/deep fry the fish steaks.Once the pan is hot enough, place the fish steaks and let it cook on each side for 4 to 5 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Tasty Fish fry is ready to be served.Serve as an appetizer or with sambar or rasam rice as a side.
- Adjust spice levels as per your taste.
- You can use any fish of your own choice.
- Make sure not to overcook the fish steaks because it will become harder.
- The oil added in the marinade acts as a binding agent.So dont skip it
- The fennel seeds,garam masala powder and chopped Curry leaves gives an extra flavor to the fish fry