Masala Vada / Paruppu Vada : It is an yummy tea time snack recipe.Masala Vadas with hot tea / Coffee is a best combination for a wonderful evening.To make the vada more flavorful,dont skip fennel seeds and mint leaves.Do try this simple and tasty evening snack and share your feedback:)
- Wash and Soak the channa dal for 2 to 3 hours.
- In a blender, Add fennel seeds, Dry red chillies, Garlic pods, a small piece ginger, few curry leaves and soaked channa dal and grind it to a coarse paste.leave some channa dals as whole.Transfer to a bowl.
- To that add required salt, chopped Coriander leaves and mint leaves(mint gives more flavor to the vada).Mix well.
- Take a small portion and pat them on your palm to form a circle with medium thickness.
- In a pan,Heat oil for deep frying.Deep fry in hot oil until golden in colour,flipping once in between. Always cook in medium flame to ensure even cooking and golden colour.
- Drain and Serve.
- Crispy Masala Vada / Paruppu vada’s are ready.Enjoy with hot tea / coffee!!!