- To Marinate Chicken
- Mint paste
- Other ingredients
Mint Chicken / Pudina chicken : This recipe is delicious, totally minty flavorful chicken recipe that goes well as a accompaniment to rice or with any Indian flat breads.Do try this and share your comments:)
- To Marinate Chicken : In a large bowl, add chicken pieces,Salt,Pepper powder, Garam masala powder, Coriander powder, Turmeric powder, Ginger garlic paste and Curd .Mix well. Allow it to rest for 1 hr .
- To Grind Mint paste: In a blender , add 2 handful of mint leaves, green chillies, 1 tbsp water and grind it to a fine paste .
- To Make Mint Chicken : In a large pan, heat some oil. Temper it with bay leaf, Cinnamon stick, Cloves, Star Anise, green Cardamom and a piece of Mace .
- Add the chopped Onions, green chillies and saute till it becomes soft.
- Add the marinated Chicken and saute for 5 mins.Cover and cook the chicken.
- Now add the mint paste and mix well.Keep sauteing till all the moisture evaporates completely.Dont Cover after adding mint paste.
- Add some chopped Coriander leaves and add half lemon over it
- Tasty flavorful mint chicken is ready.
- Serve hot as a accompaniment to rice or with any Indian flat breads( roti, naan or chapathi)
- You can try this with coriander leaves too.