- For masala paste
- To Roast Chillies
- For Gravy
Mirchi ka salan:It is a very popular recipe that the chillies are roasted and then simmered in a peanut ,sesame based creamy gravy.It pairs excellent with Veg dum biryani.It also goes well with flat breads or flavored rice too.Do try this recipe and enjoy with Vegetable dum biryani.
You might also like
- To Make Masala paste: In a pan, dry roast peanuts for 5 mins.Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan, dry roast the sesame seeds for 2 mins until they are slightly brown.Transfer to a bowl.
- Add Cumin seeds, Fenugreek seeds, Coriander seeds, Kashmiri dry red chillies and dessicated coconut and dry roast until they are started to brown.Allow it to cool.
- In a blender, Add the roasted peanuts(i have removed the skin), roasted sesame seeds,coconut and other spices.Add some water and grind it to a smooth paste.Keep it aside.
- To Roast the Chillies: Wash and dry the Chillies .You can use any chillies of your choice.If you are using a spicy chilly ,slit vertically and deseed them.
- In a pan, heat 3 tbsp of Oil.Add the de seeded chillies and roast them until they are lightly brown.Keep it aside
- To Make Gravy : In the same pan, temper it with mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Add Onions and saute for 2 mins.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilly powder and garam masala powder.Mix well.
- Add the ground masala paste, tamarind extract(small lemon sized tamarind extracted in a cup of water),water and required salt.Mix well.Cover and Cook till oil get separated from the gravy.
- Add the roasted chillies and mix well.Cover and simmer for 5 mins.
- Finally add chopped mint leaves and chopped coriander leaves.Mix well.
- Delicious Mirchi ki salan is ready.Serve along with Vegetable dum biryani