- Fruits i used
Mixed Fruit Jam: Its a delicious combination of variety of fruits.you can use any fruits of your choice.Its a simple recipe,but taste absolutely fabulous.Making our own stuffs in home gives a very great feeling because we can make it clean and fresh and with no preservatives.Its a bit time consuming but its worth a try.It tasted almost similar like my favorite Kissan Jam and i think am not going to buy store bought one in future:)Do try this at your home and am sure your kids will definitely love this recipe.
- To Make Fruit puree:In a blender/ Mixer, Add the fruits (I have added Pineapple, strawberries, pomegranate, blueberries, papaya, orange, banana, Apple, Seedless red grapes) and blend until smooth.
- Grind it in batches and transfer to a large bowl. You can use any fruits of your choice.But dont skip apples as it contains more pectin which helps the jam to set thick .
- Measure the puree. I have got 5 Cups of puree and i have added 3 cups of Sugar or as per your sweet level
- To Make Jam : In a pan,add the fruit puree and allow it to boil.
- To that Add Butter, Lemon juice, Cinnamon stick, Cardamom powder, a pinch salt and mix it well.
- Add Sugar and mix well.Bring it to a boil in low to medium heat.
- Cook till it gets thick and leaves the sides of the pan.It took almost 1 hr to get this desired consistency.Stir in regular intervals to avoid burning at the bottom.I like my jam to be little thick.You can stop cooking once you reach your desired consistency.
- To check the consistency,take a chilled bowl(Kept in fridge for 15 mins) and take some jam,it should be firm and it should not spread and not watery.Discard the cinnamon stick
- Tasty Mixed fruit jam is ready.Enjoy with toasted bread.Store in sterilized airtight jars.
- To check the consistency,take a chilled bowl(Kept in fridge for 15 mins) and take some jam,it should be firm and it should not spread and not watery.
- Refrigerate it as we are not using any preservatives.
- If you like your jam color as red,add more strawberries. i have added more dark red grapes,so it was little dark.